Meet the contestants.
The call out has been made for all pro-International Harvester scout & light truck restoration shops to come up with their best work and bring it to the Annual IH Scout and ALL Truck Nationals Show and swap meet held in Troy, Ohio in August for the people to choose who is the best!
The spirit of competition must be friendly and good sportsman ship must always be practiced between the shops competing. The goal is to bring excitement to the IH community and to promote your businesses and the hobby to the world.
For 2019 we are again doing “Run what you brung” – we have some simple rules for each shop to qualify:
- The shop must be a full paid sponsor of the NATS 2019 and beyond.
- The shop must submit a vehicle that is being worked on from now until the show in 2019 and have some photo documentation supporting this.
- The shop must perform 85% of the work on this vehicle in house.
- No $$ budget is set for this round.
- In order to be considered a professional IH Scout/Truck restoration shop, the shop must restore more than 2 vehicles per year for paying customers or the vehicle is for sale to the public.
- Level of restoration may include body, mechanical and paint work.
- Commitment for NATS2019 sponsorship and vehicle restoration candidate submission due by June 15, 2019. Send Photo(s) of your project to us ASAP . Sponsorship fees due before the normal deadline of July 1st 2019. Failure to pay the fees will result in disqualification from the competition. New Sponsors will be required to submit fees by May 31st. 2019 in order to be eligible.
- Judging GABO: 3 tear voting system in place with the following changes and enhancements: Regular Judge panel (1/3) as well as the writers/editors panel (1/3) will be required to judge the vehicles on the 200 pionts system, the show participants will count as 1/3 of the vote.We will make announcements and a possible special door prize give away to encourage voting, and one last twist, each buildoff participant will be allowed to schedule a presentation during the show on friday or early Saturday in order to promote their vehicle to the public and to the judges, presentation may be in person or in video form.
Nats Sponsored Restoration Shops that may be eligible and could be invited to participate:
- Old Iron Offroad
- Scoutco Products
- IH Parts America
- Isa’s IH
- Circle S Welding
- Barnes International
- Roedel Brothers
- Scout Madness
- Anything Scout
- Texas Scouts
- Binder Boneyard
- FullOn Auto
- Super Scout Specialists,Inc.
- Brothers C.A.
Strictly Parts suppliers wont be left out, the builders will be encouraged to use all their resources to complete these builds and parts suppliers may be credited for their help with the projects or may indorse certain builders if they so choose, in other words back one or more horses in the race
IH Scout/Truck Restoration shops not on our sponsorship list that wish to join in and compete may contact us to arrange for the sponsorship package to be sent to you. We reserve the right to limit the number of shops competing due to future contract possibilities with television etc.
Gabo and BinderTv, 4 shops may be selected for an online tv show produced by BinderTV, D-Land Productions and Cruisin with Kendra. A “dark horse shop” which is a shop not being filmed may win the event.
The future hope is to find backing from someone like the History Channel (we are already working on this) to lead up to the GRAND BUILD OFF in 2021 or 2022 where we will purchase one vehicle for each resto shop, they will be lined up in a row at the NATS in their currant conditions, rust and all for the people to see, then at some point the contestant shops will draw random vehicles to restore with a provided $30,000 to $100,000 budget and possibly 2 years to complete the project. The vehicles will be brought back to the NATS at the end of the time allotted for judgment by the people or by an unbiased judge such as magazine writer Jim Allen, we may combine his vote with the peoples, this has yet to be determined. If we land a television deal each shop should be willing to allow some filming during these restorations, this also will be good for these businesses with priceless exposure.
Definition of RESTORATION
1: an act of restoring or the condition of being restored: as
a : a bringing back to a former position or condition.
There are differant degrees of restorations in the automotive business, full or partial may be argued, we are not trying to be literal on this term but will let this project evolve and grow into what the people want it to be.
IH, Scout, Traveler, Terra, Travelall, SSII are trademarks respectively of Navistar International Trucks, there use here is licensed under Scout/Light Line Distributors,Inc.
30th Annual IH Scout and ALL Truck Nationals: Show and Swap, held at Historic Waco Airfield, Troy, Ohio, August 16th – 18th 2019. website: www.midnitestar.org Information Phone# 937-525-9781